Headteacher’s Welcome – Welcome to Portal House School
Values and Ethos
Portal House is a good school striving to provide outstanding education for students who have significant emotional, social and mental health needs.
The school site has recently undergone a multi-million redevelopment and now operates out of one fit for purpose modern building.
We are committed to raising student aspiration in order that they may achieve the highest levels of academic attainment and personal development, thus improving their life chances and overall welfare.
We seek to do this by providing an engaging and individualized curriculum, expert teaching, strong pastoral support, and a wide range of stimulating enrichment opportunities.
‘Raising standards, improving lives’
- To secure for students high levels of educational attainment through a rigorous focus on progress.
- To enable students to develop personal resilience and self-awareness.
- To improve students’ social skills and foster British values and citizenship.
- To improve students’ social and cultural awareness.
- To prepare students for life beyond Portal House School.
- To ensure that identified additional needs of students are met.
- To ensure that all students leave Portal House with high levels of literacy and numeracy.
- To work effectively with schools, professionals and the community in sharing our expertise and developing inclusive opportunities for students.
- To develop a highly skilled workforce.
2023 and Beyond
(If you require a paper copy of the information on our website please contact the School office.)
Has someone done something online that has made you or a child or young person you know, feel worried or unsafe? Make a report to one of CEOP’s experienced Child Protection Advisors