Portal House School is a small Special School for pupils who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. (SEMH) In September 2004, the School was re-designated as a day school for up to 70 secondary age pupils with the above needs.
|Type of School:||Kent County Council Community Special School for secondary age pupils who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs.|
|Age Range:||11-16 years.|
|Role:||80 pupils currently from January 2022.|
- To secure for students high levels of educational attainment through a rigorous focus on progress.
- To enable students to develop personal resilience and self-awareness.
- To improve students’ social skills and foster British values and citizenship.
- To improve students’ social and cultural awareness.
- To prepare students for life beyond Portal House School.
- To ensure that identified additional needs of students are met.
- To ensure that all students leave Portal House with high levels of literacy and numeracy.
- To work effectively with schools, professionals and the community in sharing our expertise and developing inclusive opportunities for students.
- To develop a highly skilled workforce.
The School Rules:
- Be in the right place (be safe).
- We do as we are asked.
- We speak politely to everyone.
- We do not hurt anyone.
- We respect other people’s possessions and property.
- We do not swear.