Portal House School is a small Special School for pupils who experience Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. (SEBD)
In September 2004, the School was redesignated as a day school for up to 60 secondary age pupils with the above needs.
|Type of School:||Kent County Council Community Special School for secondary age pupils who experience Social, Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties|
Statement of Purpose
Portal House School seeks to:
- Improve pupils’ level of educational attainment, within a safe, caring and healthy school environment, which enables pupils to behave appropriately, and develops their self-esteem.
- Liaise positively with parents, carers and other professionals to ensure that the needs of pupils are met.
- Provide appropriate training and support for all staff working at the School.
- Work with other schools and the community to share our expertise and develop inclusive opportunities for pupils.
- Prepare pupils for the wider outside world, so that they can relate confidently to others and have the necessary academic skills to succeed.